4th Form Chemistry- Sundays 1:00-3:00pm
1. To expand students toolbox of methods to solve problems by becoming more skilled at explicitly thinking about their reasoning processes, and developing strategies that work for them.
2. To develop systematic methods for learning from problem sets, including: how to apply and transfer conceptual knowledge; identify common obstacles and errors; and contextualize individual problems within the themes and concepts of the course.
3. Our ultimate goal is that students generalize these methods and processes to other disciplines and transfer them to other quantitative problem-solving courses and independent work.
Virtual or Face to Face Classes
Each Weekly 2 hour session will consist of the following:
* 1 hour of content delivery
* 30 min Tutorial for completion of questions
and *30 min Assignment Review.
Core Topics to be covered includes:
Particulate Theory of Matter
States of Matter
Separation of Mixtures
Bonding and Structure
Acids, Bases and Salts
Assignments are marked weekly and individual feedback provided.
Learning management System:
Students have an online database with recordings of all the classes, tutorials and assignment reviews. The online database gives personalized 24 hour access to students and parents. Students can review materials at their pace and parents can monitor; weekly attendance, view marked assignments and progress reports.
Course Materials Required: Cost $8000.00
* Supplementary Notes
*Essay & Short answer questions Catalogue
*MCQ Paper Catalogue
Since I started this tutoring programme it has impacted my grades positively. The classroom setting is great because it has air conditioning as well as comfortable chairs. Dr. G. Smith uses different means of teaching to facilitate children who may learn differently such as: visual and auditory teaching styles. It is easy to communicate with the teacher due to the fact that we can contact her via whats app.
I had the opportunity to start Ms. Smith’s program around 2018 when I was just in 3rd form. After we finished a topic she would test me, so that I could understand the content better. As soon as I was done with a test she would send the grades straight to my parents. The way she taught me helped me to grasp the content better at school and I was ahead of my classes at school. The lessons at school basically became a revision to me.
Miss Smith is a remarkable educator, her passion, patience and commitment to teaching are very inspiring. She truly commits herself to the success of her students. She has instilled in me a passion for learning and has given me so many fundamental lessons. Her program has empowered me with confidence and has challenged me to be the best version of myself which I will carry on with me for the rest of my life’s journey.
Dr. Smith is an inspiring teacher, who motivates my son in a way that spurs academic success. My son enjoyed his lessons and believes that she is one of the best teachers he has encountered. She is easy to communicate with in and out of class. Her ability to explain concepts makes the lesson very clear and easy to understand. Assignments are corrected and timely feedback provided. Her Learning Center is centrally located.